After my long and arduous hunting and gathering trek home, I collapsed in a heap of snow and tears (okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic) in the house. It took me a full 20 minutes to just get off the floor and take my wellies off (that part is true). Nathan came home about 30 minutes later to me stuffing my face with some hot Scottish porridge. When he asked me about my day, I told him about my battle with the weather and heavy bags of groceries, teared up, and said, "I'm just so tired of being cold all the time..." He immediately covered me up with a wool blanket - I was already bundled up in my hat, coat, scarf, etc. - and made me a cup of tea. He usually brings me a digestive to go with it, but this time he just opened the whole tin and left it next to me.
In other news, date night was Monday night. We've been so, so bad at having a consistent date night since moving here, but we made the attempt again this week. Anyway, we went to a carol service at the cathedral, which was amazing, and then when we came home Nathan pulled this show stopper out of his backpack. This, my friends, is my very own space heater, which made me smother my husband with slobbery kisses - after I turned it on to make sure it worked, of course.



9 comments:
so great Nicole. You'd better get another space heater for your mom. have a GREAT week...
Hey N&N - Mailed your Christmas box today - should be there in "5 to 10 days." We filled every square millimeter with goodies. Unpack the box but only unwrap something that says it's OK before Christmas. Enjoy your days with your Mom and Dad!
Love, MAD
I am truly starting to feel bad for you regarding the cold even though I do like the cold. But think of it this way girl, some day you will be able to tell your kids and nieces and nephews, "back in my day I trudged 5 miles (true) in 5 foot deep snow (true) with 5 trader joes bags (true) of 5 lbs (okay, maybe a bit exaggerated) each loaded with food for my husband after working EIGHT hours all the while wearing my 5 lbs each wellies". Gee that sounds very similar to Proverbs 31. Hang on girl, Momma's comin. ;-)
K!0Ham
awwwwww
Such a sweet hubby, I am so sorry you are freezing. It really gives the meaning of," Oh, I can't wait for summer" reality, and not just words. I am heading through Atlanta to see Dave and Catherine, and will be thinking about you. Love ya
poor muffin! that is the saddest little face i've ever seen!
Hey Nicole, Just started reading your blog (finally). Great to hear how you're doing. Does it make you feel better to know that it snowed in Atlanta today? Sending warm thoughts your way!
We miss you! - Becky Sayler
Nicole, I haven't read your blog in a while so, took some time this evening to visit with you and your husband! What a delightfully memorable time you had with your folks!!! Cold and miserable, but what good memories! I just laughed at your description of your last day together of doing nothing! Frustrating! But, your story telling was like I was sitting next to you! Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
I love this post!
Post a Comment