Last post about Edinburgh...
B-Hog, do you remember these pants (trousers)? You handed them down to me at 3SE in 1999, and they've been faithful friends on the coldest of days. They're flannel (cream with red snowflakes) lined khakis from J.Crew, and I think the zipper is about 10 inches long. It definitely goes past my belly button. J.Crew has gone a long way away from flannel lined mom-khakis these days, but I digress. I don't really care that these pants are not the most (ahem) flattering, but hello... flannel? Yes, please!
The H&M bag has about £35 worth of thick knee high socks and tights. I'm wearing my army green ribbed tights now. Not as good as flannel, I admit, but I can't exactly wear those pants every day, much as it tempts me.
Oh, the picture above was taken on our second night exploring Edinburgh. We bought some cheese and venison salami from some French people at the outdoor market - the one with the vats of food. We enjoyed the spoils with the Kellys on our last night with them.
The ceiling
The pulpit
The man behind the Scottish Reformation, John Knox





2 comments:
Yes! I do remember those trousers! But I did not remember that I gave them to you. I am happy to hear that you are still enjoying them all these years later. That warms my heart. :)
PS, we're at a Presbyterian church now, so John Knox is definitely a name I've heard quite a bit lately. Never knew what he looked like until now, so thanks!
Land's End sells flannel lined jeans and khaki's and I think they also have FLEECE lined. (Did your eyes widen?)
Love the pictures. Makes me want to go there. Enjoy your visit with your folks! ;-)
K10Ham
Post a Comment