This is a view of some church I can't remember the name of from the Royal Mile.
Speaking of churches, this is St. Giles' church. Nathan was really pumped about this one because John Knox, the Scottish reformer, was the pastor here.
Here is where John Knox is buried, under car parking spot number 23. No lie.
Nathan was ticked we couldn't go into the church when we got there. There happened to be a wedding just beginning. Can you see the bride at the door? "I can't believe they'd close this historic church for an hour just for a wedding!" he griped. Really Nathan? To kill some time, we headed to an empty field. Below you'll read why.
A certain George Whitefield preached in this very field to 14,000 in the open air. Even David Hume was there. Amazing. It made me miss Whitefield.
This is Nathan signing "preach" in ASL.
As the sun was setting, we decided to warm up in a proper Starbucks (We don't have one in Durham!) and head back to St. Giles.
I got myself the usual - a tall soy chai tea latte. Yum!
Hi puppy!








No comments:
Post a Comment