Thursday, December 9, 2010

Travel Tips Please

Hello friends!

Mom and Dad are coming tomorrow, and (I think I may have mentioned this once or twice) I am so pumped! We'll be exploring more of Durham, Edinburgh, York, and London during their stay. If you have any tips on places to visit or eat or anything in any of those cities, please pass them along.

Also, I may be a little less regular with posting while they're here, but I'll be sure to document everything and put you in the loop as soon as I can.

Google images brought this baby up when I entered "England at Christmas." I'm sorry, but Rowan Williams, the Archbishop of Canterbury, looks so ominous in this picture. Next thing you know, they'll be selling rosaries in the gift shop.

Whew... That's more like it.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

You don't know me but I stumbled onto your blog through a friend of a friend's blog. I saw "Parker-UK" and thought maybe it was the Parkers that I knew. A few minutes in, I realized it wasn't but your adventures are well written and funny and I started reading. (hope that doesn't sound odd - I'm really quite normal!) Anyway - I would LOVE to send you some contact solution, and a care package. I've been to England a few times and know your plight (that's why I kept reading - I found you when you started 'name that condiment'. I UNDERSTAND!). Would you want to send me your address? my email is salmazan525@hotmail.com - my name is Sandy.

Anonymous said...

I went to London a few years ago when I was 22 and there are two things I remember. No, three. 1) I could not stay awake the first day there. I konked out at 3:30 pm in a taxi which my mother left me in to run in and get some Shakespeare tickets. I have no recollection of the play at all. I think I was still konked out. 2) Buckingham palace. We toured it and I enjoyed it but was disappointed that the jewelry exhibit was closed that day. And 3) I remember having tea and crumpets at some place in Eaton Upon Thames... I LOVED it. The crumpets were to die for.

I have another suggestion... I think you should try to get your mom to look as much like Princess Diana (which won't be too hard) as you can and show up at Buckingham palace and have her say, "I'm baaaaccccckkkkk!" Don't forget to work on her British accent. Then let me know what their reaction is, especially Queen Elizabeth's.

Have a blast!
K10Ham

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I am sad I won't be the first to come visit, but I do have a few suggestions. In Edinburgh, go climb to the top of Arthur's seat, as the view is spectacular. While in Edinburgh, maybe take a day trip up to see the Lochs in Northern Scotland (this was the highlight of my tour in the UK), a lot of tour companies to choose from. In London, take the London eye after dark as you get to see the entire city lit up, well worth the 10 pounds it cost per person. I don't know how much into art your parents are, but the Tate Museum of Modern Art is always a great stop. And, the British Museum is a great place if they are into history. All the Museums are free. No suggestions on the other cities, but enjoy the trip. -Bryan

aerickson said...

you make me laugh.... a lot. :)

tim and kristi said...

i miss you! tell disney dad and mummers hi for me. love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...