Thankfully we had a gorgeous sunny Friday to explore Edinburgh. We happened to get there in time for several Christmas festivals, including the German Christmas market. It smelled like sausages and elephant ears (a.k.a. funnel cakes) and all kinds of yummy carnival food.
These guys amazed me. They made enormous quantities of different foods in these huge vats (I think there were six in all), and it all looked and smelled fantastic. Unfortunately, we didn't sample anything.
This is us on the street with the huge vats of food. That's the castle in the background. I won't tell you how many attempts we had at getting this picture right.
Classic. I'm sure he was cold.
This is one of the shops at the German Christmas market. We got apple strudel there one night and a hot waffle with Nutella on it the next night. And a hot chocolate. With cream. It was tasty.
Our first treat, though, was a deluxe Aberdeen Angus Beef burger. It had carmelized onions, French mustard, amazing meat, and a fluffy bap (bun). We split it, but I could have eaten a whole one for a snack (if it hadn't been £7).






3 comments:
Jealous, jealous, jealous
Sounds like you had a marvelous trip. That is yet another place we can't wait to visit. We found your post about the contest on Thanksgiving Day. EBQ was elated to be announced as the winner! Her curiousity will be up until the big day when something arrives!
Ooh, the National Gallery! I can't wait to see the treat and I'm glad you got one, too! (Whatever it is!!) Miss you! EBQ (Please call me Elizabeth, or EBQ or Blondie, Mrs. Qualls makes me feel so old....)
Post a Comment