Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What's a Girl Gotta Do to Keep Warm?

Cold barn + feathery, furry hooded vest + warm bathrobe = Hunchback of Notre Dame

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lo and behold, I had something to tell you that wasn't related to any of the blogs I read of yours recently and was just going to post it without any connection to it whatsoever but you beat me to it. (That's okay, I'm a good loser.) My friend recently posted a trivia on his FB and thought you'd be interested. Well, the Lord has lessons for you. Did you know that in the UK, December 2010 was the second-coldest December in the entire history dating back to 1659? No, I didn't think so but don't think you will have trouble believing this either.

I think it's a riot that your Mom (also an anti-cold person) was visiting you in December and you just happened to pick the right time to move to the UK to enjoy this bit of history (along with a royal wedding, Harry Potter festivities, rare book visits, etc, etc. You are indeed blessed!

K10Ham

Karen said...

do you have a really hefty down jacket? (i.e. a "puffy") if not, yeah, that's pretty much a MUST for cold weather. I didn't own one for decades until I met my husband and he convinced me to get one. Now I don't know how I survived even the mild winters without it!! Marmot has really good ones. You look like the michelin man, but you will never be cold again!! (and i, too, wear mine in my M/FIL's house b/c it's old and drafty!!) :)

Hillary said...

Oh, Nico. I am cracking up right now. I too wear my puffy down vest ALL THE TIME. My husband gives me such a hard time about it. But you do what you have to do, right? Sending warm thoughts your way...

Allison said...

you are so funny, friend! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...