Friday, January 14, 2011

Name That Condiment... Or Just Leave a Comment

As usual, I was trying to take pictures discreetly and would wait until the aisle was clear before snapping a photo in Tesco. This time, with Nathan was with me, he waited until someone came into view an then said loudly, "Why are you taking pictures of food on the shelves? You are so weird!" Then I shot him a dirty look as well as the picture, and I dashed away.

No thanks.

I know what cod is, but I don't know what roe is.

If this is what American food is here, I don't want any.

Nathan wanted his picture with the oats box with his picture on the front... if that makes sense.

This made me chuckle the most... "with all the trimmings."

You have until Monday to leave a comment to qualify for the prize! Do it now!!! It must be said that if you don't leave your name, you can't qualify. Sorry. My brain power doesn't reach the heights of such knowledge.

11 comments:

Kristi M said...

I think those baby meals are disgusting. I wouldn't even eat the combos that they have!

Bekah said...

oh nathan cracks me up. and i can just see your face and the dirty look you gave him. love it.

Erin said...

Roe is fish eggs. I've only had it once on some sushi rolls...and it was disgusting. I do not recommend, unless you like crunchy, poppy, fishy things. I agree on the funny "with all the trimmings"--I mean, when did baby food become so gourmet? Hope you all are doing well!

sparkersouth said...

When I think of cockles, I think of a song - "cockles and mussels....." or a poem, "cockle shells all in a row." Jim thought about "warming the cockles of my heart" - which I'm sure these cockles won't do!! I can't imagine people really eating this stuff! You can always tell how popular these foods are by noting if there is dust on the jar! (from MAD)

Anonymous said...

Okay, new mission: Search for dust on the jars/cans of disgusting food products. You are our American spy.

Regarding the baby food and trimmings. Are trimmings the liver, heart, neck?

Regarding Nathan: I've never met him but it is sounding more and more like I will never be able to hang out with you guys because Nathan and I will managed to get ourselves arrested. I like the guy. Have him send me his trick ideas; I need to play them on David. Gotta "spice" up the life in the grocery store.
K10Ham (Kristen in CO)

karen said...

"Porage" oats?!?!? I instantly thought "peas porage hot, peas porage cold, peas porage in the pot nine days old!" what that means I have no idea, but none of it sounds very good!!! :-) I'd be curious to know what you DO buy! Have you found any of that weird stuff to be truly edible and delicious?

Sandy said...

Where do they get the names of these food items?? I don't believe I would ever eat anything called "cockles". But maybe that's just me, maybe it is quite tasty? Did you try any of these things yet? Also, I sent you a care package that should arrive any day now - it has some good 'ol American foods in it (preserved, processed, etc.) Sandy

Anonymous said...

Okay... The Cockles look like something sitting on the shelf in science class or a "Survivor" eating challenge. Gross! Stay away from the cockles!

xoxox
Misty

Kara Haushalter said...

Gotta love those brits for their fun and interesting foods. My sis-in-law is from there and always makes us try funny things.

Cockles don't sound great but I am intrigued by the fancy baby food in a pouch!

aerickson said...

wow. enough said.

Ruth Cox said...

User you already found out about fish eggs. I like the pickled hot dogs...is that like spam?? Or maybe like brats and sauerkraut --without the cabbage. Too funny. The probl I always had with my dad was the grotesque foodixes he'd make. Perhaps he was secretly smuggled off to good ol E for His early meals :) ruthcox from CCP.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...