Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Thank You EBQ and CLQ

I LOVE care packages! Unlike the good mail, which I rip open right away, I wait to open boxes until Nathan is around so we can document the experience. We got one yesterday from Mr. and Mrs. Qualls, dear Whitefield friends from Atlanta.

First, I just loved this picture because his face is saying, "How 'bout a hug?"

I tried opening the package with the scissors, but I was having a bit of trouble, so Nathan took over. He had some trouble too. They sure packed it really well! We finally got it open...


And holy moly, it was AMAZING!!! It's like Mrs. Qualls took notes on every post, my every quite like and rather dislike, and put a package together accordingly. Straws, Dove soap, gum, chocolate chips ("because your four pounds won't last forever," she said), hair dye, etc. Sigh... What they didn't realize would be an extra bonus for me was all of the Ziploc bags they were packaged in. I was really excited about those too. What a blessing!


With baby lotion in my right hand and a huge jar of minced garlic in my left, I was over the moon! I grabbed Nathan by the collar and said, "Do you even realize how many hours of mincing garlic are in this jar?" 


Nathan's favorite item in the box was a little gadget to screw the digital camera on. It's so he doesn't have to do the one armed stretch as usual. He's holding it out with no camera on it in this picture. You'll see what it does in the next two.

Amazing!

Thank you so much EBQ and CLQ! You blessed us so much!

6 comments:

Charles Q said...

Well, I'm glad to see that you got the box. The camera-extender was what started it all. Credit to EBQ for realizing that it would cost the same flat rate to mail it with just the extender-- or with all of the fun stuff in there with it. So, the care package just evolved. We taped up the box, and I kept saying, "I don't know-- I think another piece just be sure." I accused her of using book tape, since it was so heavy-duty. But she showed me where it said Packaging Tape on the dispenser. Who knew the Librarians had taken over the tape industry?!

ebqualls said...

I'm so glad you got it! I kept counting the days trying to figure out when it might arrive. i'm also thrilled to see that the minced garlic arrived in one piece! Sorry about all the tape, but I had stuffed the box so full, I was afraid it would burst open in transit. I hope you enjoy it all and we can't wait to see the pictures of all the places you visit!

jeg said...

OK, I have a question. The wonderful (cough) USPS makes you write the contents of the box on the customs form, which they then tape to the OUTSIDE of the box. Ruining any chance of a surprise. I have to ask: are you disciplined enough not to read the form while it sits there all day waiting for Nathan so you can open it together?? If so, I am very impressed.

Nathan and Nicole said...

JEG: Alas, I am not.

Sandy said...

It looks like others took notes of the things you miss and sent them to you, same as me - you will have minced garlic coming out your ears! And, judging from the current photos, you will never be lacking for straws. I guess that's a good thing there! I'll have to get more creative next time. I LOVE the camera extender! I'm going to show my husband tonight. Great pictures! Sandy

jeg said...

Just seeing your reply. Well, I was going to be really impressed. But, alas...It turns out you possess normal human curiosity and lack the superhuman power to willingly avoid satisfying it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...