Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Name That Condiment... Again

If you actually know what these are and care to fill me in on whether or not they're any good, what they go with, how to eat them, etc., be my guest. I'm still amazed by how generally tasteless English food is despite all of this wild stuff on the shelves at Tesco.

Seaweed Peanut Crackers


Fruity Brown Sauce


Sweet Piccalilli


Mixed Pickle


Pickled Walnuts


Seafood Sauce

8 comments:

grace cabalka said...

You probably have to pay a fortune for these special food items as well. You sound good Nicole. A time in your lives you will never forget! You've rounded the holiday corner, so great...keep posting!

Amy said...

i just threw up in my mouth a little reading these...yuck!

aerickson said...

hmmm interesting! I actually had a dream last night that we were hanging out. I woke up and I was sad. Wah!

Anonymous said...

I like this post and want to inform you that I'd like a follow up of this post because I want to know the exact same thing as you do about these condiments.

I agree with the tastlessness comment. I'm about as excited to go to Golden Corral (All-you-can-eat buffet place) as I am to eat a meal in England unless it consist of tea and scones/crumpets. I'd even opt for McDonald's over a meal in England. :-P

K10Ham

ebqualls said...

Okay - so the mixed pickle thing, I believe you can use on a antipasto tray. I did recognize cocktail onions in that mix - which I just bought a jar of this afternoon. I was making a Rocco Dispirito Chicken Pot Pie recipe and it called for them. I will NOT be using them next time - too bitter/vinegary in an otherwise yummy dish!

jeg said...

This is hilarious and gross. Fruity Brown Sauce???!???!?! Pickled Walnuts??? I was not aware you could pickle a walnut.

Matt and Abby said...

Ok so England is a great country with beautiful sights (and accents of course) but the food is certainly lacking it looks like! I remember thinking that during our visit, how I "quite disliked" the food.
I guess the upside to that is that I lived in Italy or France for a few years I would come back 300lbs!

hannah said...

I love those peanuts covered in shells! Don't know about the seaweed flavoring but China has them too. The are like peanut m&m's without the chocolate. Ok, not as good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...