Like I said yesterday, Nathan and I spent Saturday running errands and browsing through a couple of charity shops. We've had really good luck with charity shops here so far, and Saturday was no exception. Well... except we didn't find what we were looking for. :)
.
Nathan wears the same sweater almost every day, and he's stretched out the sleeves from pushing them up his arms so much, so we picked up these three jumpers for him. He looks so handsome in them. It's still kind of odd not to see him in his Atlanta summer uniform (short sleeved polo shirt and cargo shorts) or winter uniform (short sleeved polo shirt and jeans).
I found these jumpers for me. When our English friends found out we were moving to England, they all said, "Make sure you have a lot of sweaters!" Now I know what they mean.
Nathan especially liked the minty green one because he said it matched my eyes. Forgive the lack of makeup. And my dark hair. My blonde-ness is quickly diminishing as the sun sets earlier and earlier. It was dark by 4:30 today. Tears!
Deep breath... and now... for the main event... this freakin' adorable Jackie O. jacket. I have absolutely nothing to wear it with or wear it to, but I don't care. It is amazing! I feel like I need some white opera gloves, a black shift dress, some pearls, some kitten heels, and a nice updo. I went back and forth about buying it, but I decided to go for it after Nathan encouraged me to get it. "You're not extravagant," he said. "If you think it's pretty and want it, you should get it."
"Really?" I smiled.
"It's your discretionary fund," he smirked back.





7 comments:
very good finds friend!! thinking of you often. love you lots.
The jacket is ADORABLE and looks just like you :)
SO stinking cute!!!! I love that stuff. Good work!
I LOVE the jacket! It's fabulous! I'm sure you'll figure out something to wear it with and then wear it to...have a great weekeend!
Okay, and not just to enter the latest contest...but I seriously like the Jackie O jacket. Good find.
Yes. Jacket: adorable. Boots: awesome. Jumpers: fab. You find yourself a reason to wear that jacket! Like perhaps for a nice Thanksgiving meal??
Hi Nicole! I am enjoying your blog so much! I love your new Jackie O jacket....it does look like you! You are as adorable as always, and I love reading about the journey you are on! Love, Carolyn
Post a Comment