This is the view out of my front door. There is a little bridge and some hedges, which are nice. There's even a summer house with a lovely little Victorian looking sofa inside. But the thing that makes me happy in this picture is the clothesline that looks like an old school antenna. Some people here call it an airer (pronounced error). Since my washer/dryer combo dryer doesn't really work very well, our landlord had this one installed for us. I love it!
I remind myself of my mom, who for several years said, "Michael, all I want for my birthday/Christmas/ Valentine's Day/our anniversary/Flag Day/etc. is a simple clothesline outside. That's all I want." I told my dad this, and he laughed, saying, "I never got one for her, did I?" Not to worry Mumers. You can come dry your clothes on my airer if you want.
Blogstalkers: a la the last post, please still consider yourselves called out. India? Chicago? You know who you are. Leave a comment.

4 comments:
makes me miss my clothes line in vancouver!
Top 5 Reasons to Blogstalk Nathan and Nicole:
5. You make me laugh—oftentimes out loud. ☺
4. I love to live vicariously through your amazing adventures. I admire you.
3. The occasional Brian Regan comment makes my heart smile.
2. I can never get enough of Nathan somehow inserting his face into almost every picture.
1. I love you....and I can't stand being so far away; thus, your blog makes me feel as close to you as possible. :)
Love from Bakersfield, CA—your roots miss you.
I love going home to Manchester (GA) and sleeping in my old bed on sheets that have been dried on the clothesline! I think at lot of people are missing out on that wonderful smell and feel of freshly cleaned sheets - so crisp -because of neighborhood covenants that do not allow outdoor clotheslines. I would LOVE to have one, but alas, live in a covenanted neighborhood...
Nicole, it's Karisa McDuff (now Karisa Balaram!) I think I've been called out on your blog... I'm "India"! And if you think English red-tape is bad... come visit us sometime! :) I'm enjoying your blog and your adventures! :)
Post a Comment