Monday, October 4, 2010

Apple Picking

A couple of days ago Nathan and I went next door to the gardens to do some apple picking.  We both worked there on Apple and Pear Day, when the public comes to take as much fruit as they'd like, but I was selling tickets at the gate and Nathan was washing dishes and flirting with the kitchen staff.  The owners Keith and Maggie said we could come back anytime to pick as much as we wanted.  Sweet!  I've been looking in my Crock Pot cookbook for the perfect apple recipe.  Maybe I'll cook some applesauce or apple butter.  Yum!


Nathan really liked these purple flowers at the gardens. Nathan wanted to take an upside down picture with them, where his frown is supposed to look like a smile.  I think it still looks like a frown.  


Ahhh... a more normal picture.  The purple color was so vivid in person, so you'll just have to come see them for yourselves.


 This is my handsome husband at the gate to the cathedral gardens.  Sorry girls, he's taken.


And now for the apple "picking."  Unfortunately, all the ones within reach had been picked, and we didn't have access to the special apple picker-thing in the locked shed, so Nathan just shook some branches and I picked up what fell on the ground.

Yummy!  These are a cooking apple variety, which Nathan didn't know when he bit into one.  Kinda sour... I'll cook them up as soon as I wash the crock pot in the sink.  Currently I have no motivation to do so.

2 comments:

Naomi Parker said...

I absolutely love your blogs, I accidently posted a comment and saw it came up anonymous, and had to giggle. I love how you always keep us informed. God has taken you to an amazing life. Something that many of us will never see. Thank you for sharing your life with us. You both are so willing to go and do what God calls you, and He is taking you on this great journey. Love you guys.

aerickson said...

I love those pictures. Nathan's faces always make me smile. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. It makes me feel close to you...even though you're so stinkin' far away. Miss you SO much! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...