Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some Classroom Pictures

This post is dedicated to my friend Amy, who helped me set up my classroom three years in a row (twice in California and once in Georgia). Amers, you're the best!


The above picture is of my daily homework board. Since we are on a rotating schedule, we have A-G days instead of Mondays-Fridays. Each class is at a different time during the day and sometimes I don't see classes... it's too hard to explain! Anyway, this board helps me remember which day certain classes have certain assignments. Without it, I'd still be looking for my brain.
I'm teaching Bible for the first time this year. Allison and Kristi will remember our Israel poster and pictures in the Brick House our senior year at TU. This is the ramped up version with pictures from college as well as pictures from our trip this summer. For example, the red line that is second from the bottom on the right is pointing to Masada, and there are pictures of Kristi and me as well as Nathan and me. The kids love it, and I love using my nifty laser pointer explaining where things are when we read the Bible together. They know everyone in the pictures by their first names. :)


This is my "office." I have blue painters' tape around my desk marking off my space. When I want to see a student privately, I just stay, "Step into my office." When I need my space, I say, "Get out of my office!" You'll probably notice the blown up picture of Nathan and me behind my desk. That's left over from our wedding, and I couldn't bear to throw it away. The caraciture picture is of me and Jennifer Pinkett Smith, my BFF at school.

I hope you enjoyed the snapshots!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Loved them! I know you are the BEST teacher, Nico! Your students must really love you. Any chance there's a picture of B-Hog on the Israel poster? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...