Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Diabetic Brunch

I have the coolest family/friends! Hannah, my sister-in-law organized a breakfast party with some friends and came over on Saturday morning. She brought bacon and eggs (carb free!) and they all came over dressed as famous diabetics. Hannah is supposed to be Billie Jean King, and Liz is Mick Fleetwood. The skewers are drumsticks. :) Liz printed out pictures of all of them, and I was amazed at how many famous people are diabetic! Halle Berry, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Thomas Edison, Ella Fitzgerald, et al. Wow!


Here's Allison and me in our sweet necklaces!


A self portrait by Liz.


I took all of my diabetes paraphenalia out of the "diaper bag," and it took up the whole table! I don't carry around everything, but now that I look at it, it's just a LOT of stuff. I had to stand on the couch just to get it all in the view finder!

Thanks girls for the encouragment!

1 comment:

Hillary said...

What a great group of friends you have to think of such a creative way to encourage you! I thought of a few other notable diabetics: Jay Cutler (Denver Broncos quarterback), Gary Newton (my father in law) and my freshman year roommate Sarah Winterholter (remember her?). I hope those shots are getting a little bit easier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...