To quote a dear friend and elder from Christ Church, Ken Culpepper, "I'm good today."
Today has been the best start to my day in two weeks! Thank you for your prayers. Thursday-Sunday was ROUGH, ROUGH, ROUGH. My blood sugar levels were unpredictably swinging this way and that, and I felt exhausted, hungry, grouchy, and emotional. I was pretty worthless as a leader on the youth trip this weekend, but the kids had fun, and Nathan's talks were encouraging. There are some great pictures of the retreat, and I brought the camera to school today, but I forgot the cords that plug into the computer. Geez.
Sunday afternoon, on a walk around our neighborhood, I had a complete meltdown on my poor husband. It was one of those rare out of body experiences. It felt like I was watching myself being hysterical and making absolutely no sense, but there was nothing I could do to stop it! Nathan was trying to reason with me at first (I usually respond very well to reason), but he finally just gave up, wrapped me in his arms, sat me down on the side of the road, and cried with me.
Today is actually the first day I've worn mascara since this whole diabetes diagnosis (I figure, why wear it when it'll be cried off later?), but I just ruined it again remembering that little story and writing it out. Thank you Jesus for my husband!
Please continue to pray for us as we, along with my doctors, seek the best path to balancing my body. I've been getting lots of advice from friends, and we're just trying to sort it all out and seek God's will as to which direction to go. How should I eat? What should I eat? When should I eat? How much should I eat? How much insulin? When? The questions go on and on. Yesterday's excerpt from Jesus Calling says this:
"As you become increasingly aware of My Presence, you find it easier to discern the way you should go. This is one of the practical benefits of living close to Me. Instead of wondering about what is on the road ahead or worrying about what you should do if... or when..., you can concentrate on staying in communication with Me. When you actually arrive at a choice-point, I will show you which direction to go."
After reading passages like that one, my faith is increased that God sees me and cares about what is happening in my life.
3 comments:
love you friend! praising the Lord for a good day. you are very much in my thoughts and prayers. big hug from vancouver. thankful with you for such a wonderful husband in nathan - may he continue to represent the Lords arms holding you tight. :)
oh man. you have me crying. you are precious and just picturing you crying makes me cry. i'm so glad 'you're good today'. praying 'you're good tomorrow' too. and praying for wisdom as you are bombarded with advice and options. love you.
oh my darlin...that reminds me of being pregnant(what else would it remind me of...I've been that way a lot!)...with the whole "out of body experience":):)
love you and praying that you have a good day today too!
Post a Comment