Thursday, May 19, 2011

MAD's Visit

My awesome parents-in-law (who refer to themselves as MAD [Mom And Dad]) arrived safely home in Atlanta yesterday, and when we called to see if they'd made it, my mother-in-law was already outside watering the plants. She's a great gardener. :)

Here are some highlights from their trip. Unfortunately, there aren't many good ones. Many pictures I just downloaded were of Nathan's nostrils, the inside of his mouth, etc. because I was at sub jobs, job interviews, or preparing for job interviews for a lot of their time here. 

On with the show.

This is The Court Inn, our favorite pub with food.

This is the view of the cathedral from The Court Inn. I love this picture.

We hit the outdoor farmers' market on Thursday.

This is Edinburgh Castle. We made a whirlwind trip to Scotland for a few hours. :)

Edinburgh Castle

More Edinburgh

A William Wallace character on the Royal Mile

My MIL snapped this picture from the backseat. I think she was trying to get that mountain.

On their last night here, I was holed up in our bedroom preparing for my job interview, and they made dinner and planned a mini early birthday party, complete with presents and cake!

I got a summer scarf, purse, and nail polish from my sisters-in-law. Thanks Hannah and Joy!

My mother-in-law gave me a cookbook she put together herself. It is filled with Southern recipes from my father-in-law's aunts. Awesome! Thanks so much!

MAD, we are so glad you came into our lives here, and we miss you already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best visit ever - thanks for coming so far, MAD!!
Love you guys and miss you,
Nate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...