Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Job Hunt Update

Thanks so much for praying for my job search lately. I was feeling a little bummed because my latest "dream job" (there have been a few these past eight months) had interviews slated for this week and I hadn't heard anything... 


UNTIL TODAY!


The headmaster's personal assistant called and left a message asking me to come for an interview on May 17th!!!


I also got a call to have in "informal chat" with a principal at another school further away. That will take place May 11!!!


Feast or famine.


I would be thrilled to work at either one of these schools. They are so different from one another, but I can see myself fitting in at both. Here are more details in case you want to pray through them with us:


School #1 - Very,very close in location (I could walk there now), very old (like, founded in 1414 old) and reputable, small case load, I'd be teaching English as an additional language to international boarding students


School #2 - Openly Christian school, several people from church work there, great discipling opportunities with kids, I'd be teaching English and probably whatever else they need me to teach since it's small


Cons for both schools would be that I would be required to be involved with lots of extra curricular activities, which means really long hours and sometimes nights/weekend/trips, but hey... that's every school where teachers aren't unionized. :)


Thanks for your prayers! Hopefully I'll post again on this topic in a few weeks after someone has said the magic words...

13 comments:

Matt and Abby said...

I was wondering what was going on with the jobs...was also wondering about the horrible schools you were subbing for. I did my fair share of subbing a few years ago and even in the worst inner city schools here in FW, it was nothing like you described. Why do you think that is? Where you at like the lowest of the low schools? Are most like that over there except for the Christian schools?

Anonymous said...

I will be hoping and praying and holding my breath and crossing my fingers that one of these wonderful opportunities land right in your lap!

Misty

B said...

That's great news. We'll keep praying. Hope you're both well.
Becky

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I'll be praying for God's wisdom and that both interviewers will recognize what a "prize" candidate they have! We're soooo excited!
Love,
Aunt Deanie

Sara Blaire said...

Nicole, I'm so excited to hear this news! Ben and I pray for you each morning (well, afternoon for you), and this is an answer to prayer!! We'll be praying for each of these interviews!! We'll stay tuned for updates. :)

Allison Weber said...

it's always feast or famine with you, girl! :) will continue praying about this for you, most importantly that you will love jesus no matter what. xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! I can't wait to hear how it all turns out :)

Love you sis

Big Dawg Ranch said...

God is soooo good and I am rejoicing with you for these great opportunities. I will continue to pray for God's will knowing His plan is perfect!! Amen? Amen!! Love you, Rob

aerickson said...

SOOO happy for you!!! I'm praying, friend!! LOVE you!

Anonymous said...

My dear Coley- I know and believe that God has just the right job for you!!! Will see you soon babe..

Mumers

Anonymous said...

Wahoo!!! What great news! You are such a gifted teacher and they'd be fools not to hire you!!

B

Erin said...

What encouragement for you! We are praying for you and praying for God to continue to provide in His timing and will (but that it would be really really soon and a great job!). Praise Him for His goodness!

Sarah said...

Yeah!! I am SO happy for you Nicole! I will be praying you get one of the two jobs, and the one that is a best fit (even though you may not know which one that is yet). Wow, that's got to feel amazing to have interviews! Have fun in Cambridge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...