To celebrate the fact that I was done with job interviews and would have a job soon, Nathan and I wanted to get some fish and chips. We walked into town, and of course, our favorite place was closed. So, we walked to another place that was take-out only and walked home.
About half a mile from our house, I could tell that my blood sugar was low (58 in case you were wondering), so we stopped on a bench by the river to test and get some juice. Despite that nasty low feeling, I was really, really happy, so I said to Nathan, "Take my picture!" I think I was just relieved that a season of stress and waiting was nearing an end.
Yay for fish and chips and movies to eat it in front of like Ocean's Eleven!
Yesterday morning, to celebrate the acceptance of my job offer at the Durham School, Nathan made me a fantastic breakfast. It was amazingly delicious. Eggs, American style bacon, toast and butter and jam, pears, and orange juice. I don't remember the last time I drank OJ for pleasure (as opposed to in response to a low blood sugar), and it was happiness down my throat! Nathan's smug look on his face is saying, "It's not a big deal. I'm just a guy serving his wife and loving her the way Christ loves the church. Everybody stay calm..."
What an amazing husband I have!
Oh, and my winner for the loyal readers quiz is Miss JEG! She gave detailed answers to each question, even if I did have a tricky/ambiguous one in there. I loved all of your answers! I'll copy and paste Miss JEG's answers in a comment of my own since she e-mailed them to me. To everyone who entered, thanks for humoring me, and I'll send you a postcard from London!




3 comments:
I feel a need to point out that Nathan would never have found that bacon had I not put it in his hands at Tesco's that morning.
you look so cute! and don't you mean "humOURing you?" :)
You know, it just occurred to me... Nathan is a graduate student and I never hear of the long studying hours. And he looks amazingly happy and non-stressed in every single picture. How does he manage?
Post a Comment