Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Long Walks on the Beach

Last night I was working on a nice post about our friends' visit, but I ran out of storage space and had to buy more from Google. It may have had something to do with the picture frenzy for my sister's birthday post. I guess 422 posts is about 1 GB of space on the blog world, and that's all you get for free. I bought 20 GB for $5, but I know I won't come close to using it all in the next year. Anyway, it can take up to 24 hours for the new storage space to be allocated to me, but luckily I had this post I had already made waiting in the wings...

A few weeks ago, our Bible study group leaders, Sam and Jen, invited us to Sunday lunch with a new friend of theirs, fellow California girl Kristine. We had a traditional English meal (lamb, roasted parsnips, etc.) and then drove to the coast, only about a 10 minute drive away.

The beach had large rocks and bricks shaped like rocks, left over from the coal mining days. I thought about bundling up a bunch of rocks and selling them to home decorating stores. They were the smooth ones that you put in bowls and stuff. There's lots of money to be made in rocks, apparently!

Sam and Nathan talked with a local fisherman who looked like he dressed to wade in to get his fish. The huge pole was doing the catching.


I asked Nathan to take a picture of us girls, and he took one with Sam in it too. I don't think Sam knew he was in the picture at the time.

The ladies. I love how Kristine is bundled up even more than I am. We talked about all things OC (The Spectrum? Orange Coast Plaza? Hair extensions?), as she went to UC Irvine. Good times...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...