Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Warrior Sister

This weekend my sister did the Volkslauf, a crazy race with mud, obstacles, and other such craziness. She was nervous because she hadn't trained with her team as much as she wanted. In fact, she called me and cried about it! I don't remember the last time she cried. I cried yesterday... and probs the day before too! I cry at least once a week. Anyway, I told her she would kill it. And she did. Her team was in the top ten, and they finished the six mile course in 1:39. That. is. amazing.

Kristen is second from the right. She's so tough.


I'd probably be crying at this point.


I'd definitely be crying seeing this wall.

 Here she is beating some boys. Booyeah.


Guess what? June did the kid's Volkslauf, and apparently she was amazing. I am not at all surprised.

This little apple did not fall far from the tree.

Winnie got in there too, but this face tells me she has more of her Auntie Nicole's disposition about mud.


Congratulations, my sister. You are amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tThis is the first year I have heard about that event. A couple years ago I heard about the Colorado version called the ToughMudder. It was designed by British Special Forces and is suppose to be one of the toughest 10-12 mile event anyone can do. Check it out and I dare Kristen come and join me on this course. If she does, I just "might" do it. http://toughmudder.com/?gclid=CLvZ782Vg7MCFQjZQgodvnYAyQ Keep in mind that this course is in the Rocky Mtns and the water/mud is frigid.

Kristen H.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...