Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ceildh = Kaylee

We've been to ceildhs (pronounced "kaylees," I know, right?) before, but I've never blogged about one. They're awesome. They're British versions of American square dancing parties. Or maybe that's vice versa. We went to a joint birthday party for some friends, and it was loads of fun! Nathan and I were the oldest people there by like 10 years, but we still had a blast.

Getting instructions from the caller

Going in circles

Woohoo!

Blurry, but you get the idea.

Oh yeah. I cut my hair off. Sorry, Dad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrr
love joseph

Anonymous said...

Nicole, You were so sneaky dropping the fact that you cut your hair so nonchalant-like. :) It looks darling! I used to love square dancing when I was young and I taught it to my 2nd graders,,,it helped them learn that it was okay for boys and girls to hold hands! :)
Love to both of you,
A.D.

Andrew said...

Hey is this similar to contra dancing?

I have some friends who go contra dancing sometimes.

heres a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1cPyJWm-g4

Nathan and Nicole said...

Andrew... yeah. Pretty similar I guess. I think ceildhs are cooler though. Contra just makes me think of video games. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...