These are our friends, Gary and Heather Kirby. We were buddies from church in Atlanta, but then they moved to Greenville, South Carolina, and we moved to England. When we got back to the South, we decided to meet them halfway in Commerce, which is a small town with a giant outlet mall and a colossal American flag. When we saw it, Nathan and I put our hands over our hearts and sang some patriotic songs.
Cracker Barrel sounded best, since we were on healthy diets (right?!). Nathan asked the waitress which was healthier, brown or white gravy. She said, "Probably brown." He said, "I'll have white." Chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, cheese grits, biscuits...
I went for the chicken and dumplings, mac and cheese, and green beans.
And then we rocked out on the porch for a few hours just talking away.
We miss these guys so much.
We love you Kirbys, Cracker Barrel, and America.






1 comment:
Like like like this post, and the great time with the Kirbys!
- Nathan
Post a Comment