Friday, June 28, 2013

He Did It!

I decided to start with the silly picture. There were so many good ones, so I just included them all. Sorry if it's overkill. I can't help it! I'm a proud wife. A proud Mrs. Dr. Nathan Thomas Parker.


Hey, dude.

It rained buckets this morning. Buckets. Dad and I had to wait in line to get into the cathedral. If you're from Durham, we got in the queue across from Zizzi's pizza on Silver Street. It was that long. And we were 45 minutes early. I was seriously sad.

We finally made it inside! We couldn't even see the stage, but there were TVs so we could at least see those.

He's in the program! That's a relief.

There he is shaking the Vice-Chancellor's hand. It's blurry. I'm sorry.

It continued to rain buckets. I was not in a good mood in this picture because I had to go to the bathroom BAD, and we were literally second to last out of the cathedral after the graduation ceremony. My dad kept pressuring me to crowd in (well, out), but I was afraid of the English tut and raised eyebrow. I will always be a conformist. 

We ran to his office on Dun Cow lane for me to use the facilities, and we heard a voice. "Hey you, beautiful people!" It was none other than Brent, of course.

From there we went to the Theology department's drinks reception. This is Nathan's supervisor, Professor Alec Ryrie. He is awesome. He told Nathan that he is already using the story of Nathan's finishing the PhD in under two years to intimidate/inspire new students. 

Here are our long-lost Durham friends the Johnsons! It was so good to see them.

Nathan was rubbing my belly again, and I barely managed to fight him off and pose quickly for this shot.

My handsome dad came over to celebrate Nathan with us!

Here he is again. So handsome in his robe and tea cosy hat.

Here we are on Prebends Bridge. I think this picture is so quintessentially Durham. Misty. Historic. Academic. Lots of memories on this bridge.

What? A picture with his mouth open?

We went to lunch afterwards at Bistro 21. So, so tasty.

A self-portrait

I'm in love!

Congratulations, my love! I'm so proud of you.

5 comments:

Lucy Felker said...

Yay!!! Way to go Nathan! We're so proud of you guys, and you look amazing Nichole! Come home soon ;)

aerickson said...

Congrats Nathan!!!! So excited for you!! And Nicole, I'm LOVING that belly! Can't wait to see you SOOOOON!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Nathan!! That is just awesome -- 2 years!! So proud of both of you-- know it was a difficult journey-- but you both put smiles on your faces and In your hearts, and----all of your family and friends!
Nicole, you look beautiful!! So excited for you and Nathan and little baby Parker has no idea how blessed his/her life is going to be!!
Congratulations-- and really looking forward to seeing you soon!.. Love you both bunches!!
Bev G
<3 <3 <3

CC said...

I am so glad you blog.
and...I am so glad I get to see you and
your pregnant self soon!!!
Congratulations to Dr. and Mrs.!!!

Erin said...

Congratulations Nathan!!! What an accomplishment! And Nicole, you look BEAUTIFUL and perfectly pregnant :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...