Monday, September 24, 2012

Coastal Berry Picking

I love when Nathan comes up with something fun to do and then says something like, "I didn't know it was a crime to want to make special marriage memories." This time we went berry picking at one of our favorite spots, Easington Colliery. We love it there!

Here's Nathan among the thorny blackberry bushes. It was so cold and windy! The sky and sea were grey and ominous. Nevertheless, we were not deterred. There were special marriage memories to be made!

Here is a beautiful cluster of berries. Nathan held up these yellow flowers (weeds?) to make the picture even prettier.

I was prepared with several layers, including a hat, puffy vest, furry hood, and gloves.

Picking away...

And tasting a few I see...

My fingers were bright with berry juice within just a few minutes.

And my gloves were covered in spiky little burrs that took me forever to pick off. Yuck.

The spoils.

He stuck a berry between his teeth just before we snapped this pic. Classic.

The berries are washed and in are currently hanging out in the freezer until I have time to make a cobbler. Can't wait!

4 comments:

Epsie said...

That is so funny to see the difference between South Carolina blackberry pickin' and Northern England blackberry picking! I was sweating bullets when I picked this summer and had to go home and take a shower afterwards!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you.....not only picking your berries but making a cobbler! Grandma Levelle would be so pleased! I picked 8-10 gallon bags of berries this summer from my garden vines.) : ) I'll be making jam.
xoxo A.D.

CC said...

My favorite part is that Nathan put a berry between his teeth....that's funny.

aerickson said...

Jealous! I'm also a bit jealous of the layers. It's still so hot here! COME HOME SOON!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...