Friday, April 6, 2012

Tebowing on Top of Hadrian's Wall and Other Cool Things

Justin and Julie just left for Ireland on part two of their vacation, and we already miss them! We had such a blast during their three days here. I'm a much better hostess when I don't have to work. Sorry Chris and Jan!

When they arrived, it was misting out. An hour later, it was snowing sideways. We ventured out to Tesco and had the sleet biting our faces the whole way. We decided to stay in and chill. Twelve hours later, it was still snowing sideways.

And this is all we had to show for it the next morning. Not really a representation of how awful the weather was, but I guess that's all that stuck because we had sunshine and 60s weather all last week.

The next day we drove to a part of Hadrian's wall that we hadn't been to yet, and there was definitely more snow there. It was quite windy as well, but it made for crystal clear views across the English countryside. Enjoy the pictures that don't do them justice!

Walking toward the wall

Getting warm over Nathan's tea mug

Julie and Justin, former neighbors and church friends

A common pose

At the gate to get on the wall

On the wall

We all made it!

Tebowing on Hadrian's Wall

I thought I'd be blown off the top of the wall. It was so windy!


Julie tried to take a picture, but I accidentally left it on "video." Enjoy the outtake.

Ah. Here is the picture.

An artsy picture of the wall by Nathan

Woohoo!

More posts of our time together coming up...

1 comment:

aerickson said...

LOVE this! Although, I am quite disappointed that Nathan did not PLANK on the wall. Come on...I expect a bit more out of you... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...