Nathan and I walked into town yesterday, where he read a paper for a... paper reading thing. He got dressed in his camel hair blazer, it's maiden voyage. I didn't pack it to take to England, and he was really, really bummed about it, so we rescued it from our attic in Atlanta when we were home over Christmas. Mary Lou gave it to him last Christmas, and he likes it because he says he looks like Ken Culpepper. He wanted me to take his picture, but his fancy shoes were in my backpack for the walk, and he was wearing some sportier ones.
"Just cover my feet with your hands," he said.
Here he is!
For Valentine's Day, we and Dave Ramsey agreed not to get each other anything. Nathan does not have the gazelle-like intensity that Dave and I have, but I wasn't that sad that he gave me a sweet card, to be honest.
He made me breakfast in bed. He is saying "I love you" to the oatmeal, eggs, and fruit, but it looks like he's about to sling some Spiderman webbing.
And he gave me a new mug, which he bought for only one pound at Tesco while I was sleeping this very morning. I love his face in the mirror. :)
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Read my generic thoughts about this very bittersweet holiday here, see what I got last year here, and a very cool Valentine's cake here.
I made a red velvet cake from scratch to take to some friends' house for dessert. I'll let you know how it turns out... :) What are your plans to celebrate love today?
And happy birthday to my dear friend, Beverly.




1 comment:
LOVE this post! Thanks for making me smile... all. the. time.!
Post a Comment