Monday, November 14, 2011

Nathan Makes It Rain... Men

I can't stop chuckling, even as I type this. Nathan unintentionally did one of the funniest things I have ever known him to do.

First, a few facts.

1) Nathan is cheap. You probably already knew that. 

2) Nathan loses things a lot. Since we've moved to England, it's been Nalgene bottles and umbrellas.

3) Nathan hates cats. He's really allergic to them and thinks they're of the devil.

4) Nathan is completely ignorant when it comes to pop culture. I'm sure many of you have heard the classic story, "Who's this Bianca [Beyonce] person I keep hearing about?"

So, Nathan went to Yorkshire Trading Company, the same place we got wellies and his grandpa hat, and he bought himself an umpteenth cheap umbrella in his usual classic black. He didn't open it until a few days later when it was raining fairly steadily. It was only then that he realized that it wasn't just solid black...


This is his attempt to look gangster (?!?!?!), but when he showed me the umbrella for the first time, I couldn't even catch my breath. I was laughing so hard on multiple levels. What was even funnier was that he didn't know that It's Raining Men was actually a song and, what's more, sort of a gay anthem. Later that night, we watched a little bit of the music video on YouTube (Creepy! I will not be posting it here - lots of men in speedos. View at your own risk.), and he said he had never heard the song in his life.

I'm not sure what he's going to do when it rains again, but it's bound to happen quite soon, and when it does, I'll be laughing wherever I am, thinking of him opening that umbrella and walking around town with it, which he insists he will do. 

He's too cheap to buy another umbrella... until he "loses" this one. :)

14 comments:

Bobbi Jo said...

what a good laugh this post was...thanks for my afternoon laughter break :)

naomi parker said...

This is tooo cute, tell him he would get along famously with our pastor in his cat hate. If he has a black fat magic marker, they cover everything real well. LOL love you guys!

Barbie said...

So funny!Thanks for the laugh.

Amelia Parker said...

Bwahahaha! That made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

This was just too great! I am glad that you shared with all of us ;)

Big Dawg Ranch said...

Hilarious, Nicole! Thanks for sharing...it made my day. :)

alicia13579 said...

i mean, what is that cat even DOING?!

Nathaniel and Charissa said...

That's amazing. I can't wait to see that around town. We will have to start a facebook group of people who can spot the-guy-with-the-cat-umbrella. :)

Hillary said...

Hilarious! There are no other words to describe it.

CC said...

not only is Nathan FUNNY, the way you blog about him is even funnier! Thanks for this grin on my face and laughter in my soul!!!!

Allison said...

Oh my freaking goodness. HI-LARIOUS!!!!! I'll bet if you guys had that umbrella in Bratislava, it wouldn't have been stolen right from under our noses!!!! Thanks for posting this. :)

hannah said...

Ha Ha! This was awesome. He's keeping it?! SO CHEAP!

Anonymous said...

Sooooo funny! Seriously, so funny!

Nathaniel and Charissa said...

Looks like it is going to rain today! Let's see that umbrella in action!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...