Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Family Tradition

I made some more cookie dough today. And my clothes are getting awfully tight. I wonder if the two are related...

Anyway, I saw this recent picture of June at my parents' house and cracked up. Does your family have classic poses or places where you take your picture often? I can think of a few in ours... standing in front of the Small World house at Disneyland or on the beach or in front of the Christmas tree, and of course, eating cookie dough. 

I am just now realizing how big that cookie sheet is. I can only fit nine cookies at a time on mine, and it pretty much takes up the whole oven.

I went through the album my mom made me, and found a similar picture. 

My mom loves cookie dough. I love cookie dough. June loves cookie dough. I'm pretty sure our kids will love it too someday.

My dad can't eat it because when he was little my grandma told him that if he did he'd get worms in his tummy. Oh well, more for me (loosening belt...)!

6 comments:

Hillary said...

I love cookie dough too. And so do my girls. But alas, my husband has never tasted it! Can you believe it? His mom told him it would make him sick. And my girls were making cookies with their grandma one time and were so confused when she wouldn't let them taste any dough. Who knew cookie dough was so controversial?

Anonymous said...

SO cute. Love this post.

xoxo- Sis

aerickson said...

I LOVE cookie dough! that picture of June is adorable! Your picture is pretty darn adorable too. Enjoy the dough!

Anonymous said...

Loved your post.. glad I could be the originator of the love for cookie dough. I can't imagine passing anything better on to my children and grandchildren. Gotta go and make some cookies.. it's an overcast day and you know what that means.....
Mumers

Anonymous said...

I have a pic of Quinn at your parents house doing the same thing! I'll have to send it to you. Classic!

xoxox

Misty

hannah said...

Ha Ha. When you said "more for me" I was picturing you doing the funny legs-wide-walk-stance and swinging your arms. Do you know what I'm talking about?! I think it was originally your sister imitating someone...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...