I went to the doctor on Tuesday for my 6-week post-diagnosis checkup. They checked my meter for all of the tests I’ve done over the last six weeks (239 of them), and I got back a fabulous report. As of about two weeks ago, my levels are completely normal! Pat, my nurse practitioner, showed me printouts from my meter that showed all kinds of charts and graphs showing my progress. My A1C level went from 11 (an average 310 blood sugar reading) to 7 (an average 150 blood sugar reading). I asked her to make copies of the printouts for me to show off to whoever was interested in looking at them.
Pat said that she’s never seen anyone get diabetes under control so quickly. Praise God! At my last visit she told me it would take six months to get regulated, and during those first four miserable weeks, I thought I wouldn't live to see six more months. BUT! God is good, and now I am feeling great! I just need to keep doing what I’m doing with my disciplined eating and testing, and you need to keep doing what you’re doing with your prayers.
I walked out of the hospital more proud of my A+ diabetes report card than I ever had been of any academic report card. On my way to the car, I was tearing up, overwhelmed with the thought of all of your love and prayers and time and help. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support for Nathan and me during this rough period.
I love you.
5 comments:
Glad to hear about your AWESOME report. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
I expected nothing less than an A+ from you, Nico! I'm so glad to hear the good news. Praying that you will continue to feel good and get this figured out.
yippee!! oh friend i am so happy for you. i bet that felt great to hear. love you dearly!
I am so excited for you Nicole! That is awesome, praise the Lord for his goodness. I have been thinking about you guys and wondering how you are doing. Good to hear.
Praise the Lord!!!! This is SO good to hear! God is so good. I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see you!! LOVE YOU!
-Amy E.
Post a Comment