My birthday was awesome! For starters, we had gorgeous - I mean PERFECT - weather. This is something I do not take for granted. Next, church was really great, and we finished the service with my favorite song, "Before the Throne of God Above."
Then, my dear friend Allison came all the way from Arizona on her way to Prague (remember our trip last year?) to hang out with me on my birthday. We picked her up at the train station after church, and she bounded onto the platform shouting, "Happy birthdaaaaaaay!" and ran - balancing her enormous pack plus two more bags - all the way to me with outstretched arms. We are so American.
We went straight to Crook Hall and Gardens, where my students met me with my good friend/volunteer extraordinaire, Robin. No pictures of pupils here, of course, but I supposed you could take my word for it that they had fun. They also made me cards and a couple of them got me little gifts, which I think deserves its own post. Stay tuned.
In the Cathedral Garden
You know it!
Robin, Allison, and me by the pond
We all had cream teas (scones, jam, cream, tea). Good thing I was done with my Whole 30! I kind of planned it that way, actually. :) Behind that black Honda is our old crib, the North Barn.
We went for a walk on the Trail of Tears. We had only been back there twice since we moved from the North Barn. It made me a bit nostalgic!
Me and my love. Allison said I looked angelic with my hair shining in the sun. I love when she takes my picture because she always says flattering things, e.g. "You look like a movie star!" or "Girl, your skin is just radiant!"
The next day Al Pal and I went to Vennel's. I was really disappointed in my chocolate cake, which was usually amazing. It tasted dry and dense. Boo. I have a new favorite place though...
Flat White! I had the best chai latte of my life (and have since had another with Ashley), and I look forward to taking more visitors there. Like you... right?
Cullen and Pamela made me a card and brought flowers back from London. They are the most gorgeous and fragrant peonies and freesia, and they're still going strong a week later!
The Year 9 (8th grade) girls in my advisory group at school surprised me with this cake. I was so happy! They were so sweet to plan that, and I loved how it was decorated.










2 comments:
You look fabulous! Happy Birthday. The one of you and Allison, with Nathan sneaking in front, is classic. Thanks for sharing.
So glad you had a fun bday visitor! Gorgeous peonies, one of my favorites too!
Post a Comment