Monday, May 7, 2012

My Hall of Fame Mom

I'm so proud of my mom! She was just inducted into her high school's hall of fame. What for? For being AWESOME. Taft High churned out an AMAZING author/interpreter/professor/non-profit organization founder/advocate for the orphans and disabled/daughter/sister/wife/mom. 

I'm bursting with pride and tears! I just wish I could have been there.

I love this picture of June taking pictures. :)

My sister and mom at the dinner

My mom in front of her "Princess Diana" picture. It was originally taken for a jacket cover for some ASL worship videos she did for Deaf Missions, but I think it looks royal. 

Woohoo!

My brother and sister

Go Wildcats! 

Here is the video of her speech. Thanks to my cousin Robin for recording it and to my uncle Bob for e-mailing it to me! The sound isn't that great but you can hear it if you turn the sound all the way up.

Leave a congratulatory note for her here in the comments. Or if you see her before I do, please give her a big hug from me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(I'm still here...)

Congrats to "mom"! I just want to take a moment to claim my little tiny corner of fame in your Mom's life. When I was in high school (West HS) our softball team beat your Mom's team (she coached apparently). I was the pitcher. I take it her Hall of Fame resume didn't include coaching the THS softball team?????

Colorado Kristen

aerickson said...

You certainly do have one amazing (and hot!) mama! Love you both, dearly! Congrats DeAnn! You are SO deserving. I am blessed to know you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...