Last night Nathan and I saw Ray LaMontagne at the Fox here in Atlanta. Upon entering the beautiful and historic theatre in Midtown, Nathan said, "I've never seen so many yuppies in all my life." It's true... we saw the full spread of the latest Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters catalogs - lots of organic cotton, ethnic scarves, and riding boots.
Ray LaMontagne is quite a character. I think he used to spend a lot of time in the forests of Maine, writing songs. He's got such a unique voice, and his music is just beautiful, but he didn't talk much. When he did, he mumbled and fumbled over his words. If I close my eyes when he sings, I hear a 300 pound black man singing the blues. When they're open, I see a lanky bearded hippie with a giant cowboy hat on to block the stage lights from his eyes. Interesting...
Anyway, we had a great romantic time up in the nosebleed section of the theatre.
Here's a sample.
Here's another one.
No comments:
Post a Comment