Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cade's Cove, Part I

I'm sorry for the corporate punishment with my blog withholding, but I had to do what I had to do. I ended up staying until 9:30 on Tuesday night finishing up papers and putting grades into the computer, so now I feel light as a feather and ready to blog my little heart out. There's so much to share! Let's get started...

These pictures are from our time away in the mountains of Tennessee. We rented some bikes and rode around Cade's Cove, an 11 mile loop around gorgeous countryside. We did not come prepared for biking or bring any backpacks, so I was balancing my purse with our picnic lunch inside it for about 7 miles. :) We picked a bucolic setting for our lunch break, right next to an old barn.



Nathan gets the picnic blanket out.

This picture looked artsy to me... this is my attempt at being a photographer.

We started out strong and excited. Nathan is flexing saying, "Is the trail THAT way?"

Pointing at the map... I didn't know I would be having a panic attack on one of the last big hills around mile 9. Let's just say I'm not really an outdoor girl. I'd like to be, but I was a complete poser that day.

Nathan was so nice to me throughout the entire experience. He was encouraging and was just so, so kind. I had a great time making memories with him. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...