While hardly anyone ever comments on this blog, I got a random text last night from my sister, Kristen (a.k.a. Twine). "Update your blog foolio!" it read. I guess people do read this blog on occasion. I haven't been posting recently because I haven't been taking any pictures recently. I wanted this blog to be more of a scrapbook than a journal. However, I'll take some time to let you all know what's been going on lately, if only so you can create some mental pictures.
My mom has been visiting since Saturday, but I haven't taken a single picture yet. However, I've been planning on doing so tonight! You see, we're having the Parker clan and some neighbors over for dinner. Anyway, Mom and I have been very busy watching Pride and Prejudice, eating Kettle Corn, shopping at T.J. Maxx, taking walks, and generally "making memories" (as she would say). Today we hope to get pedicures and continue shopping at the mall. It's funny... I hardly ever go to shopping, but I've enjoyed going with her and picking up a few new treats. She leaves tomorrow, and I probably won't see her again until Christmas.
Right now I'm proctoring a science final exam at school. I gave my Language Arts and Spanish exams yesterday, and now I'm procrastinating on grading them all. Thankfully, my sister-in-law, Joy, is ready and willing to help me grade them. Bribing her with Starbucks couldn't have hurt. I have to finish them all by Saturday at the latest because...
Nathan and I are going to Israel on Sunday! I bought some new shoes just for the occasion. I'll have to take a picture of those too. Anyway, we're going to visit Tim and Kristi Knipp (check out their blog by clicking on their link to the right) and to scope out the land. Tim, Kristi, and I studied together in Jerusalem when we were students at Taylor. It's been seven years ago now, and Tim and Kristi went back to continue schooling there in January. Kristi and I, as roommates way back when, dreamed of a time when we would "bring our husbands back" to Israel. Well, WE'RE DOING IT! Actually, Tim was there when we started dreaming our dream, but we didn't know that they would be getting married. :)
Nathan and I are going up to the attic today to dig up all of my old study material from that semester in 2001 to get our minds prepared. Nathan has been voraciously reading the New Testament again to have it fresh in his mind when we arrive in Jerusalem on Sunday. I am just so excited to see my friend! Kristi and I were in each other's weddings, we were roommates for two years, and I miss her. My mom and I were just yesterday talking about how valuable she was just before our wedding. She literally helped me pack up my entire house and pull the last minute wedding details together.
Anyway, I'm seriously rambling now. I must go and start grading my exams! If you actually check this blog often, thanks for reading. :)
3 comments:
I read all the time. We love to hear what the Parkers are up to even though we get updates from your parents. Hey tell your sister to stop just reading blogs and get one of her own going!!!!
--Christy
Have a WONDERFUL time in Israel!!! I am so jealous. What an amazing blessing to be able to be there with your husbands. Love to you! By the way, we just received word of your donation and you will be getting a proper thank you in the mail but thank you SO MUCH!!!
I definitely read your blog, and I will try to comment more often. I'm a perpetual blog reader but commenting, not so much! Hope you have a wonderful trip. I will look forward to hearing your stories!
Post a Comment